Moving can be quite a task, but when you are assisted by a moving company that you can trust, you will not have too much of a difficult time. In this article, we give you tips on what reviews to look for before hiring a moving company.
Things to Consider When Hiring A Moving Company:
- Online Reviews: When looking for companies, you can now use the Internet in your favor. People can now leave online reviews. Of course, you do have to skim through these reviews and keep in mind that not all the reviews might be genuine. So, check if they have recent reviews, and also check how long it’s been since they last received a positive review.
- Friend Recommendations: Another type of review to look out for is if the companies you are considering are recommended by your friends. These types of reviews are hard to fake, which is why you need to ask them. Of course, some of your friends may be partial to the company, so ask other friends. This way you can weigh out the reviews.
- Customer Service Reviews: One of the most important services that can be rendered is customer service. If you check a company’s reviews and one of its disliked services is customer service, then that should give you an idea of whether or not you should hire the company. This service will help you and if their reviews aren’t the best, then it might be better to consider a different company.
- Check their track records: If there seem to consistently have bad reviews then you might want to look into second opinions. The problem is that people rarely leave good reviews when they’re satisfied, and are more likely to write bad reviews. We suppose it’s because it’s much easier to leave scathing reviews than good ones. But if there are consistent complaints, then this might indicate whether or not you should hire the company.
- Verify their License: Although the chance of hiring an unlicensed mover is rare, it’s still pretty possible. Verifying the license should be a precaution you take, especially when you’re new to hiring movers. It can be difficult when you pay in advance and then discover that you were scammed. Take the time to ask for a license and see when it was last verified.
- Write Your Contract: This serves as insurance that both parties follow through on their requests. You have to clearly dictate your expectations, and specify what you want done. This way, you can avoid any misunderstanding, and you know how much it’ll cost to put everything together.
Importance of Reading Reviews:
Reading reviews might be tedious, but it’s important to know what you’re dealing with before you hire a company. Hiring a bad company would be an expensive way to waste time, and that’s not what we want. When you thoroughly check reviews and references, you give yourself a chance to choose the best moving company for you.
We assure you that reading reviews and asking for recommendations are some of the best ways to gauge if a company is worth hiring or not.
Moving can be a daunting task when you have to do it alone. However, you can always hire professionals to help you pack up everything and be ready to go. It can be a problem to find a moving company if you’re new to it, which is why we wrote an article on what reviews to look for before hiring moving companies for your benefit.